Click here to take the CME Evaluation and Post-Meeting Survey
Dr. W. David Hardy is a scientific and medical consultant focusing on developing novel vaccine and cure/remission strategies for human viral diseases. He has cared for persons with HIV infection since 1982 and conducted research on HIV and related diseases since 1984. His research has focused on treatment and prevention of opportunistic infections, antiretroviral therapy, immunotherapies, hepatitis treatments as well as retroviral vector research, cellular and gene therapy as strategies for cure of HIV infection. Dr Hardy served as Chair of the Board of Directors of the HIV Medicine Association (HIVMA) 2018-2019. Currently, he serves as Chair of the Education Committee and member of the Executive Committee of the American Academy of HIV Medicine (AAHIVM) as well editor-in-chief of their comprehensive clinical textbook, Fundamentals of HIV Medicine for the HIV Specialist published in 2007, 2008, 2012, 2017, 2019 and 2021. He has volunteered with numerous community-based organizations.
At the completion of this educational session, participants will:
1. Be able to discuss new clinically relevant advances in antiretroviral therapy and prevention strategies for HIV.
2. Learn about new drugs for HIV treatment and prevention.
3. Recognize emerging metabolic effects associated with antiretrovirals used for treatment and prevention of HIV.
This CME activity has approved for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
for August 11, 2021 as a live activity. This activity will also be available as an enduring activity from August 12, 2021, through August 10, 2024.
The target audience is all physicians, NPs and PAs involved or interested in HIV education.
This online video and post-activity evaluation are one hour in length.
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of the Medical Society of the State of New York (MSSNY) and the Physicians’ Research Network (PRN). MSSNY is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The Medical Society of the State of New York designates this enduring material for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Successful completion of this CME activity, which includes participation in the evaluation component, enables the participant to earn up to 2 Medical Knowledge MOC points in the American Board of Internal Medicine’s (ABIM) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program. Participants will earn MOC points equivalent to the amount of CME credits claimed for the activity. It is the CME activity provider’s responsibility to submit participant completion information to ACCME for the purpose of granting ABIM MOC credit.
Policies and standards of the Medical Society of the State of New York and the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education require that speakers and planners for continuing medical education activities disclose any relevant financial relationships they may have with commercial interests whose products, devices, or services may be discussed in the content of a CME activity.
- Dr. James F. Braun, DO (Course Director) has no relevant financial relationships to disclose.
- Dr. William M. Valenti (Moderator) has no relevant financial relationships to disclose.
- Dr. W. David Hardy(Presenter) has had the following personal financial relationships in the past 12 months with manufacturers of the products or services that may be presented in this CME activity: Advisory Board Member to: Gilead, Merck, and ViiV; Consultant to: Enochian Biosciences, and ViiV. Dr. Hardy will support his presentation and clinical recommendations with the best available evidence from the medical literature, and will submit his slides in advance for adequate peer review.
This PRN CME activity is funded in part by unrestricted educational grants from:
Click here to take the CME Evaluation and Post-Meeting Evaluation
Gilead Sciences; Janssen Therapeutics, a division of Janssen Products, LP; Merck & Co.; and ViiV Healthcare