Click here to take the CME Evaluation and Post-Meeting Survey
Rajesh T. Gandhi is the Director of HIV Clinical Services and Education at Massachusetts General Hospital and site leader of the MGH AIDS Clinical Research Site in the ACTG. Dr. Gandhi is a member of the NIH Covid-19 Treatment Guidelines Panel and the IDSA Covid-19 Treatment Guidelines Panel. He is also a scientific member of the DHHS Panel on Antiretroviral Guidelines for Adults and Adolescents, and the IAS-USA Panel on Antiretroviral Drugs for Treatment and Prevention of HIV in Adults. Dr. Gandhi is a Deputy Editor of NEJM Journal Watch Infectious Diseases and NEJM Journal Watch HIV/AIDS.
At the completion of this educational session, learners will:
- Describe the major clinical manifestations of COVID-19.
- List considerations in treating a person with COVID-19.
- Summarize current understanding of COVID-19 in people with HIV.
This CME activity has approved for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
for November 11, 2020 as a live activity. This activity will also be available as an enduring activity from November 12, 2020, through November 10, 2023.
The target audience is all physicians, NPs and PAs involved or interested in HIV education.
This online video and post-activity evaluation are one hour in length.
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of the Medical Society of the State of New York (MSSNY) and the Physicians’ Research Network (PRN). MSSNY is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The Medical Society of the State of New York designates this enduring material for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with extent of their participation in the activity.
Policies and standards of the Medical Society of the State of New York and the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education require that speakers and planners for continuing medical education activities disclose any relevant financial relationships they may have with commercial interests whose products, devices, or services may be discussed in the content of a CME activity.
- Dr. James F. Braun, DO (Course Director) has no relevant financial relationships to disclose.
- Dr. William M. Valenti (Moderator) has no relevant financial relationships to disclose.
- Dr. Rajesh T. Gandhi (Presenter) has had the following personal financial relationships in the past 12 months with manufacturers of the products or services that may be presented in this CME activity: Scientific advisory board with Merck. Dr. Gandhi will support his presentation and clinical recommendations with the best available evidence from the medical literature and will submit his slides in advance for adequate peer review.
This PRN CME activity is funded in part by unrestricted educational grants from:
Gilead Sciences; Janssen Therapeutics, a division of Janssen Products, LP; Merck & Co.; and ViiV Healthcare
Click here to take the CME Evaluation and Post-Meeting Evaluation